Pages

Sunday, July 1, 2012

I am Proud To Be A Bicolano

I am a Bicolano.
I came from a province with hope from the rising sun
Where the days are colored with a rainbows
And the nights are wrap with warm
With the moon and the stars up high.
From Catanduanes, Masbate, Camarines Norte
Camarines Sur, Albay and Sorsogon.
Six provinces that comprise the Bicol Region.
The land of freedom. The land of smiles.
Bicol is my paradise.
painted with green slopes of rolling hills,
Mountains, plains and valleys.
Covered with rice, corns, coconut, cane and trees.
With the beauty of Mount Mayon
Shadows the land os the region
And arise its perfect cone in the world.
I am a Bicolano.
Proud of those brown men under the sun
Planting rice, husking coconuts, hacking mountains
And throwing nets beyond the Pacific.
I am a Bicolano.
Living with hope, dreams, love and loyalty.
Living in a warm, sweat and death.
For I am a Christian
With the bounty of God
I live in a peaceful land.
I am a Bicolano.
With these dark brown skins
Alive, alert, sovereign and with unity.
The land of joy and laughter
I am proud to be a Bicolano.


1 comment:

  1. Proud to be a Bicolano (Bikolano), yet you wrote your poem in English. Any bikol translation, please?

    ReplyDelete